Sennheiser: PX100

Discussion in 'iPod Gear Discussion' started by iPodGear, Apr 26, 2005.

1. iPodGear macrumors bot

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I really like mine--and I found them for under $40. You can easily find them under $50.

Everyone's amazed at how something that folds up like sunglasses (it's cool how they work) has such big sound and good bass. I wanted to spend under $50, and these were reviewed as the best I could get for that--as good as some 'phones costing more. I'm not an audiophile myself, but those reviews didn't let me down.

I also like that they aren't totally enclosed. That kind annoys me--and prevents me from hearing the phone etc. There's a more closed (but not over-ear) version of these, PX-200, but reviewers all seem to agree that they don't sound as good.

They've also been very durable, packed in my laptop bag for over a year now--without bothering to use the included hard case--and I'm known to forget them and walk away, yanking the cords hard. No damage. And most importantly--they've been comfortable. They must be if I forget them...

I think you'd have to really blast them to bother other people... but I'm sure some people do. Better their cochlea than mine :)

3. tmornini macrumors member

Can anyone comment on how these compare with Koss Sportapros?

I picked the Koss up on a recommendation. They're under $25(!) and
    sound really amazing, particularly at that price point, and they also
    fold up.

I haven't heard the iPod earbuds in a while, but when I got my 3rd gen
    30GB, the Koss headphones sound completely blew away the earbuds.

4. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Oh yeah

These little monsters sound great for the money. I've burned a ton of time trying different things in past months, but if you want the bass and don't mind over the ear headphones, buy these. Fo' real. My *only* and minor complaint. They're not ideal for really sweaty workouts in the gym, but they DO stay on your head!

5. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Just ordered a pair of the PX100's for myself on Monday! They arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to try them out. I'll let you know what I think of them then!!!!!

6. gr4y5ku11 macrumors newbie

Great headphones!

I've owned a pair of these for months now and I love them! Great sound for a little price. The only thing that I do not like about them is that they are headphones! I just bought a pair of $150 MSRP ER-6i earphones (I paid $90)and even with them deep in my ear canal, I still like the sound from my PX100s better! Great buy!

7. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Before I got the PX100's I had the eymotiv ER-6i and was very frusturated with them. In comparisant they did not sound as good as these do and I paid nearly double (also around 90). The bass on them was awful.

8. Aqua Structure macrumors member

Aqua Structure

They're Sennheisers.

Really not much else to say.

9. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

Hey, just ordered my 1st Apple (ibook 12") + iPod + Sennheiser PX200 white, so I expect to come here more often and ask many n00b-questions. :)

What I heard about the PX200s over the 100s is that they are better, in terms of sound-quality and enclosure, but only if they are fit to the ears properly. It also takes a couple of days for the bass to break in, but that might be the case for the PX100s as well. So, hopefully they will fit my ears as soon as I get them, if not I will have to go Vincent van Gogh on my ears :p

10. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I had these last year, Loved the way they folded up, but the sound wasnt on par to the usual HD-650s or the Grado SR-225s I normally use. I found the sound to be a metalic. An alternative but not as portable would be the Bose Triports though they are a tad more.

11. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

I love these headphones, good depth mids and highs, bass is clear, not as clear as some Sony headphones but still the best balance. I use them with my iBook, TV and my iPod at home and they are very comfortable for long periods of listening, unlike the apple earbuds that can make my ears a tad sore.

Though I don't tend to use them outside of my house as they are a bit leaky, people on the bus always say that my taste in music is terrible, because they can hear exactly what I'm listening to (and I DON'T listen to music THAT loudly!!) :)

I guess I could always get some "better" music :p

12. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

A little update on previous post. I have received the PX 200 from Sennheiser today, and can, without a doubt, shout: THESE HEADPHONES ARE AWESOME!!! (sorry about that, hehe)

But seriously, after having to fit them to my ears, which takes a bit of work the 1st time, and then having the bass break in, after now 3 hrs playing time, they are amazing on every level. The range is excellent, and even at full blast, no one but me can hear what I'm playing. Granted, I read a lot of good2reasonable reviews for the PX 100s, but if it's privacy and good enclosed sound you want, the PX 200s are the way to go! I'm in love! :p