Sensor bar Wii-less

Discussion in 'Games' started by 7on, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm hoping an official solution or third party solution is offered soon to do the same thing.

I'd like to keep the sensor bar on my big TV, but then have a spare in the other room that I can use on the projector there.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Yeah, I wanted an official solution, but gaming on my 20" crt was getting a bit cramped. That TV only had coaxial o_O Though my projector could do a little better contrast wise.

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

5. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I love playing wii on my projector but it is a pain to get the wires to reach :D And no sound because i justy plug it into the projector not the dvd player which the speakers are connected to, so I just play it on my tv in my room :D Great mod :)

6. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

I'm now trying to figure out if it's a problem to leave the bar plugged in all the time? I don't know if LEDs have a burn out time and I know the Wii, when off, turns off the Sensor bar (if it is plugged into the console).

Anyone doing a similar setup as mine? If not, anyone leave their Wii on 24/7?

(PS i've also cut the power down to 6v as that seems to be enough)

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I was just gonna point out th Nyko wireless one they blabbed about on IGN but it has already been posted :eek:

You figure Nintendo would make a first party one and charge a good fee for it. I'm sure a lot of people would buy one for $20 or so, seeing as everyone I have talked to seems to think the wire actually relays information back to the system and is not just a power cord.

8. applekid macrumors 68020

Instead of making wireless-only sensor bars, there should be some AC-powered sensor bars like 7on made. Good mod.

9. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

I probably need to invest in some electrical tape though...