Sent my iPod in for service, nothing.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thvudragon, Sep 13, 2005.

1. thvudragon macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    I sent my 30gig iPod photo in for service 2 weeks ago because it would no longer power up. I have yet to recieve it back and the status page at apple's support site still has no indicated that it was even received! How should I go about contacting Apple about this? The support site offers no help and I have no idea which number to call. Also, does anyone know if Apple will still replace my iPod, or am I forced to go without and buy a new one?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Do you remember which company it was sent through?
    Do you have a tracking #?

If you do, contact them.

If not, I'd call the main apple number (1-800-My-Apple) and go from there.

:( I'm sorry about your iPod's disappearance. He'll come back home soon!
  3. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    Yikes, when I did it it only took 4 days! And all of my friends have also had theres in under 7 days. If you know the courier and have a tracking number, I'd call them and see what they can tell you.
  4. thvudragon thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    It was DHL, but I didn't copy down the tracking number before I sent it back, all I have is the one of when they sent it to me.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll be trying to see what happened to it tomorrow.
  5. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    you didn't copy down the tracking number when you sent it out :eek: comeon now you have to get the tracking number for something as important as an iPod.

I hope it shows up for you.
  6. thvudragon thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    I know! I forgot! I did it when my 20gig crapped out, and it came back within a week, so no worries. I just hope I won't have to buy a new one.
  7. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Maybe you should call Apple, see what's going on. They may have recieved it and not realized it, maybe they never got it. That sucks though, hope you have insurance on it.
  8. paperinacup macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2005
    DHL can track packages by Zip Code so call them.