Sent to Manufacturing - how long should this take?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ohreallydallas, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ohreallydallas macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2005
    I ordered a 2.3 PM, BTO, and its been "sent to manufacturing" since SATURDAY until about an hour ago where it was "preparing for shipment" but just about 10 minutes ago it switched back to sent to manufacturing! it shouldnt take this long to build a computer!

anyone else have an experience like this? should i call? :confused:
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
  3. ohreallydallas thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2005
    Okay, called, they basically know nothing.

It has switched back and forth between sent to manufacturing and preparing for shipment every hour or so, its now again on sent to manufacturing.

wah, annoying!

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

Jan 25, 2005
    Mine was sent to manufacturing for about 4 days. Bear in mind that the tracking service Apple offer on their site is rubbish. I'd say the best thing you can do is be patient, but having suffered the long wait myself its simply not feasable to be patient :) Give them upto 6 working days to build and start processing shipping. After that, raise hell - keep calling them! If the person on the line doesnt know, ask for their manager. But try to stay reasonably calm, otherwise they could just hang up or ignore you. If you are reasonable to people, they tend to be reasonable back.

If after all the complaining it still hasnt been processed after a week, start looking for compensation (in the way of some freebies, nothing expensive, just something thats a nice gesture on their part). But at the end of the day remember its not the poor sod on the end of the phone's fault!