senuti??!! anyone?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by drater, Dec 12, 2005.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Does anyone know if there are any bugs with programs like Senuti for the 5g ipod?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I haven't heard of any. Why? Are you having trouble with it? :)

3. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

no, i'm just wondering if I download this program will it work. I like to be extra careful but as we all know, stuff can happen to our hard drives...I would hate to sit there and redownload all the cds i've put on my itunes...ya know? so you think it still works?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It works perfectly with my 4G iPod so I really can't see why it wouldn't with the 5G. Of course, don't come a hollerin' to me when your house burns down. :D

5. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

you're the first one i'm coming to find if it doesn't work...nough said!

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Works really well with my 3G. If you set the folder it downloads your music into to the iTunes music folder (the one with all your music organised by artist in folders) then iTunes will put them into the proper folders rather than having two copies of the music.

To put it clearly, if you set the desktop to be your download folder it will copy the music to there and then iTunes will copy it into it's own folder system leaving you with 2 copies of the music. If you set the folder to Music:iTunes:iTunes Music then iTunes doesn't have to duplicate your music.

Senuti's great, I use it all the time and will do when I eventually get an external drive and a new iPod to get all my music backed up.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I've only used Senuti on my 14" iBook, but it consistently crashes on me. It's not so bad that it's unusable, but it does it every few minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I don't use it often enough to be bothered trying to figure it out.

But during those times between crashes it works beautifully...

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It sometimes seems to crash for me but it's actually just thinking. If, like me, you're trying to rip 8,000+ tracks at a time, it can sometimes struggle. I've never had it actually crash though.

9. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

ok, i kinda got what you're saying here....so this will make it so that, if my hard drive on my ibook ever crashes, i can just download the music back onto my hard drive (after it is fixed or replaced) from my ipod?

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that's the main reason I use it. I also like to keep a back up of my library on my iBook so I use it to transfer songs without having them on the iPod hard disk twice.