September 1, 2003: Longhorn Ship Date Slips Again

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 1, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G4

3. macrumors 6502

gman71882

I'll be surprised if it actually works like its supposed to when they get it out the door. Maybe Apple can even get 10.5 out before they release vista!

4. macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Yep. This surely pertains to Macintosh history.

5. macrumors 65816

jackc

Damn, has it been that long? It will be interesting to see the final product.

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors member

Microsoft saw all of apples new stuff in the Leopard preview and now they need more time to copy it. It is funny. Everytime Microsoft gets a release date set in stone Steve should release another "sneak peak" of Leopard. They could even release Leopard and then just add new things with subsequent updates. We will be well into Leopard 10.5.9 and microsoft will still be trying to catch up.

8. macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I just hope Apple add some major features that will cause jaws to drop with the final version of 10.5, then do likewise with 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, (possibly all within the time that Vista will be Redmond's falgship).

There are already lots of great features within Linux and 3rd party apps which Apple could look towards, (let's face it, they all copy off each other), and people may well see in a year or two that the Vista PC in the store they are browsing around looks very plain next to OS X.