September 14th is Nintendo's Press Conference?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Aug 23, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

This just popped up on Matt @ IGN's blog.
    The picture is self-explanatory.
    [​IMG]

Apparently an invitation to a Nintendo press conference on September 14th. Matt did say Nintendo would hold a press conference in September to reveal the price and release date for the Wii...

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Does that mean i'm staying up until 4.15 to learn nothing?!

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No idea, I expect Nintendo'll still show a lot at Leipzig tonight :) And who knows, maybe they'll give us the date or the price and save other surprises for the press conference.

It's gonna be tough for them to decide when to reveal stuff though. They've got Leipzig today, their conference on the 14th of September, then TGS at the end of September.

4. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh bloody hell. I was looking forward to today too.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

7. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

the wait is killing me. I really want to play some twilight princess or some metroid corruption right now. :cool:

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

What program do you think they use to make real invites? :confused:

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Having a conference huh......Get us all dressed up to tell us jack except to rehash the same thing again...:rolleyes:

Bless

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

But they're announcing the date/price. Which probably means they're giving away all their final secrets too.

11. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

well, thats certainly what todays conference was; but with any luck, the one on the 14th will be when they finally give us a release date and price.

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm hoping they give us the beef this time....the hush hush is annoying now....Launch is near and I feel like I don't know anything about the system....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bless

13. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

We've got two months (or maybe more) to wait yet, so launch isn't really that near. Sure its quiet now, but closer to launch, there will be a frenzy of information. We pretty much know that the price will fall between $199 and $249 and will be launched sometime before PS3. That's good enough for me.

14. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

better be some good secrets along with that date and price. i'm goin nuts here.

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

for me the original fevor i had for the Wii has died down.
    hopefully this event will rekindle some of that and make me get one on launch day. if not i'll just wait it out. :: shrug ::

16. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

yea, same here. They've just gone too long while telling us too little.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still dying to have the thing, but with so little time left before launch, I was expecting more. a launch date, a launch price, what will be bundled with it, etc... so I at the very least know how much to save up and when to start saving. oh well, they better tell us something on the 14th...

17. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Now imagine you're Joe Consumer or even me to an extent. Got in a conversation with coworkers yesterday about console games (and Madden 07 hype) and none of them knew that Nintendo had a new console coming out.

Me, I know damn little about it. Nintendo is doing a piss-poor job in marketing to a potential customer thus far. I'll get interested in the Wii when they give me something to get interested in!

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I agree with you. They are really doing a poor job folowing the success at E3. Maybe they just got complacent..

19. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Apple and Nintendo are too much alike now. When I start seeing nintyrumors.com reporting Nintendo sending out "Please join us for some fun new products," I will know that it's all over.

I ain't gettin' no DS Hi-Fi. I would consider a speed bumped Wii mini, though. :D

20. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

That's what she said.

21. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

But in all seriousness, guys, after one conference, you're crying gloom and doom when it's been common knowledge around the rumor mill that nintendo was waiting until september to release a price/release date?

As GOB would say, "Come on!"

22. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Oooh, I can't wait. The wii is going to be *such* a financial drain!!

23. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

in a way, nintendo is worse than apple. 3 months before the launch of a new apple product, most people wont even know it exists yet, but we've known about the wii over a year with them constantly telling us they have more secrets, so we still don't know very much about it.

but i'm not crying gloom and doom; i just wish they would say something already. I'm sure once it's out and I can sit down and play some zelda and metroid, I'll think it was all worth it, but **** it, I want it now! :p

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye, I suppose you're right. I totally forgot about the September thing :eek: for the past few days I was pinning my hopes on today. nevermind though it's my own damn fault. 14th... I'll probably be getting ready to go back to uni.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

From launch titles alone, on my end!
    Fred Bassett. Thank you. Thank you.