Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I have a small wrist (Being I'm 14,M) and it's disapointing to hear the 42mm Hermes model doesn't ship with the small Sport band

I doubt I'll ever own an Hermes model (price is a "little" high) but I'm always looking out on Ebay
When I was 14 I thought I was an idiot and stupid because I had below average grades and everyone told me I was dumb. I didn't think I would ever amount to much due to classmates and sometimes adults not supporting me.

11 years later, I earned my degree and now I have a 6 figure job at a top tier tech company. I can finally afford the hermes watch.

I guess my point is that I also said I'd never be able to afford nice things when I was young but I worked my butt off and it's starting to pay off. Keep your head up and you can achieve whatever you set your mind to.

Last edited:

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
IMG_0228.JPG
When I was 14 I thought I was an idiot and stupid because I had below average grades and everyone told me I was dumb. I didn't think I would ever amount to much due to classmates and sometimes adults not supporting me.

11 years later, I earned my degree and now I have a 6 figure job at a top tier tech company. I can finally afford the hermes watch.

I guess my point is that I also said I'd never be able to afford nice things when I was young but I worked my butt off and it's starting to pay off. Keep your head up and you can achieve whatever you set your mind to.
It is so refreshing to see such kind and inspiring words. With a positive attitude and an unshakable belief in oneself, most everything is possible.

IMEX1PCT

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015

it seems by your response that you may have understood my entry.

i did not think something as simply put as my entry would be so difficult to understand.

i only advised to never 'doubt' and to always believe/be optimistic.

vince730

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
Deployment buckle ordered on 10/5 finally shipped today (!!) Admittedly, the Apple website initially quoted 5-6 weeks so still decently ahead of schedule. UPS shows export out of China today with delivery on 11/9 (for once the UPS website and Apple actually agree on the date). Interesting that it ships from China rather than France. I'd have expected they would just send the packaging/Watch itself over to Hermes and add in the band there, but I suppose the more time it spends in China the cheaper it is to produce.

Reactions: bunnicula

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
it seems by your response that you may have understood my entry.

i did not think something as simply put as my entry would be so difficult to understand.

i only advised to never 'doubt' and to always believe/be optimistic.
whoops, my bad. I've cleared my initial entry. Sorry for not understanding your post.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I purchased the Hermes Single Tour originally and sold it for the Deployment Buckle. I love Hermes but the Deployment Buckle is so not worth the extra money.

I wanted it because I thought it would make the band last longer and be easier to put on. It still creases but just in different ways and the Single Tour is just as easy to put on. It's the exact same band as the Single Tour (Barenia calfskin) as well.

I'd much rather have kept my Single Tour and purchased another Hermes band at basically the same cost. Just thought I'd post my opinion so that others can make the best decision for themselves.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
I purchased the Hermes Single Tour originally and sold it for the Deployment Buckle. I love Hermes but the Deployment Buckle is so not worth the extra money.

I wanted it because I thought it would make the band last longer and be easier to put on. It still creases but just in different ways and the Single Tour is just as easy to put on. It's the exact same band as the Single Tour (Barenia calfskin) as well.

I'd much rather have kept my Single Tour and purchased another Hermes band at basically the same cost. Just thought I'd post my opinion so that others can make the best decision for themselves.

That's really interesting as I was pretty much sold on buying the deployment buckle due to the reasons you've listed.

So in my position (1st AW) you'd advise going for the single tour?

Which secondary band would you go for?

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
That's really interesting as I was pretty much sold on buying the deployment buckle due to the reasons you've listed.

So in my position (1st AW) you'd advise going for the single tour?

Which secondary band would you go for?
I'm going to sell my Deployment Buckle that I've used for two weeks and go back to the Single Tour. Just don't love the Buckle and the extra cost.
Plus I really want the Etoupe Swift Single Tour. Love that color.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
I'm going to sell my Deployment Buckle that I've used for two weeks and go back to the Single Tour. Just don't love the Buckle and the extra cost.
Plus I really want the Etoupe Swift Single Tour. Love that color.

Interesting!

Are there any negatives of the deployment buckle over the single tour?

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Interesting!

Are there any negatives of the deployment buckle over the single tour?
It costs $200 more and the band still creases although in different spots. Not sure why I was so excited about it... it's literally the exact same band as the Single Tour although with the fancier buckle that is not noticeable to anyone but the person wearing it.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
It costs $200 more and the band still creases although in different spots. Not sure why I was so excited about it... it's literally the exact same band as the Single Tour although with the fancier buckle that is not noticeable to anyone but the person wearing it.
May not be worth $200 more, but . . . Isn't it easier to take the watch off with the deployment buckle? A quick squeeze of the 2 tabs and the watch is off vs. undoing the single tour buckle? Also isn't the deployment easier to put on since the correct hole has already been set, just put it on and press to click, and it's on.

I think the Etoupe Swift leather looks the best, but it's not available with the deployment buckle.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
May not be worth $200 more, but . . . Isn't it easier to take the watch off with the deployment buckle? A quick squeeze of the 2 tabs and the watch is off vs. undoing the single tour buckle? Also isn't the deployment easier to put on since the correct hole has already been set, just put it on and press to click, and it's on.

I think the Etoupe Swift leather looks the best, but it's not available with the deployment buckle.

It might save a couple seconds, but nothing overly significant. You also need to be careful when you close the deployment buckle because it can pull against your skin so the net time gain is almost 0 at least for me.

Reactions: AGamble

AGamble

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
It might save a couple seconds, but nothing overly significant. You also need to be careful when you close the deployment buckle because it can pull against your skin so the net time gain is almost 0 at least for me.

I really appreciate the feedback...Its refreshing to see a contrasting opinion.

I'm not going to bother with the deployment buckle as a result...The single tour will do me. I'll put the rest of the money to a dock and white sports band instead.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Oh!! You mean you can't quickly without "thinking" close the deployment buckle because it could trap some of your skin?

Well, this could explain why the deployment buckle isn't universally adopted by all Watch Band makers.

Tovenaar

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008

The difference is that the regular Single Tour band will crease more and more every time you wear it, whereas the deployment buckle will just crease the initial time. Eventually the regular band will wear out, but the normal buckle will still have the same initial crease.

I've been wearing an IWC with a deployment buckle almost daily for close to 10 years now, and still looks as good as new (the creasing is under the metal parts so not visible).

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
The difference is that the regular Single Tour band will crease more and more every time you wear it, whereas the deployment buckle will just crease the initial time. Eventually the regular band will wear out, but the normal buckle will still have the same initial crease.

I've been wearing an IWC with a deployment buckle almost daily for close to 10 years now, and still looks as good as new (the creasing is under the metal parts so not visible).
Why isn't the deployment buckle more popular. I tried on the Hermès deployment in a store. I was careful with it so I didn't get a sense of it as a daily wear. Does it easily trap or pinch skin if you put it on fast? The only thing I noticed in the store was that the deployment buckle and Band has a limited wear range. Outside the limited range and the deployment would not be ideally lying on the bottom of your wrist.

Voragon

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Dock is only included in the Apple Limited Series watches. I bought one separately though.
[doublepost=1474674402][/doublepost]
The Hermes Orange sport bands are only included with the Series 2 watches at this point in time. There are 3rd party orange sport bands but this is a unique shade of orange so they'd likely create contrast if you mixed them.

Also, I assume the 38mm might include the small sport band. This is the 42mm version so I can verify it includes only the large sport band.

Yup 38mm includes Small Sport Band. Also have had to add a hole in all leather bands but is perfect if taken to jeweler . My Barenia single tour looks great with an extra hole.

vince730

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
Update regarding the lack of a complete 3-piece set for the sport bands: after several long chats and escalation within AppleCare support, the genius confirmed that Apple only makes the Hermes Orange sport band in 38mm S/M size and 42mm M/L size. Considering this is their top of the line luxury product line for the watch, It's quite shocking and puzzling why they couldn't be bothered to make a complete set of orange sport bands - when literally *every other* color sport band apple makes is available as such. Even so, the support representative was nice enough to offer to send me another sport band in my choice of color, free of charge.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone use their Hermes in the gym (general fitness and weights etc)?

I guess that's what it's designed for but potential damage (knocks and bangs) still concerns me.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Anyone use their Hermes in the gym (general fitness and weights etc)?

I guess that's what it's designed for but potential damage (knocks and bangs) still concerns me.
Every time and for me it is mostly weights. Did the same with the first gen for 18 months and not a single scratch on the glass.

Reactions: AGamble

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
My wife and I both exchanged our ceramic Edition models for Hermes Series 2 models. They came today.

My initial thoughts are that the Hermes leather feels really unbelievable. Somehow way nicer than I was imagining. I also really dig the orange sport band. You can also customize the Hermes watch face colors to match the orange band. Here are some photos of my Single Tour.

Hermes_Boxes.jpg
Hermes_Watch.jpg
Hermes_Sport.jpg
Hermes_Band.jpg

Question does all the SS series comes with that watch face or its only the hermes AW models? thanks
[doublepost=1480728876][/doublepost]

this is just beautiful!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.