Series Finale "Six Feet Under"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Etrain, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

Does anyone here follow the HBO show Six Feet Under? I will miss the show greatly. It always brought me something to look forward to on Sundays and made me feel better about my life.

The final episode was Sunday and I must say I loved it. It brought closure to the show unlike some other series finales I have seen. It was fitting that everyone died since the show dealt with death. I was happy to see that David and Keith got married. Lets hope someday that can really happen.

Any thoughts on the show overall or the finale?

BTW, the final scene music is Sia - Breathe Me available for download in iTunes.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I didn't really follow the show that much... I knew who the characters were and the basic plotlines, but didn't watch it on a weekly basis. I'd heard that the show was really depressing and needed to be put out of its misery.

So, I watched the finale Sunday night, and it was AWESOME. The ending montage of Claire driving to New York, while we get to see EVERYONE grow old and die (of various causes) over the next 80 years, was incredibly well done... and the choice of Breathe Me by Sia was perfect. I went and bought the soundtrack CD today just to get that song (sadly, the mix on the CD is not as long as the one they used on the show, and no other Sia CDs are available in the US, as far as I can tell).

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i believe there is an official Six Feet Under thread in here, it might have more stuff in it (but if memory serves, it wasn't as busy as i thought it would [and should] be) ;)

i loved this show, i'm sad to see it go. the finale was very well done. i like that they let us know what happens to those people who we've gotten to know over the years. (so to speak, knowing a character)

i was curious about the music at the end, it sounded like Tori Amos with a hoarse voice, i had no idea. so thank you, i wondered about that.

edit: i found the thread but it was pretty dead http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=141193 not many watchers i guess [shrugs]

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I also love this show!
    The final series hasn't aired on tellie over here yet - and when it does it is generally on quite late at night.

This last series I think was great!
    I found that the last few episodes were really good!

I didn't see Nat's death coming...
    And as for the finale - WOW! I went around work today just looking for anyone who watched the show - but couldn't find anyone.

I thought the way they did the drive to New York, at the same time as showing the deaths of all the original main characters was very good! Fitted in very well with the show style - as well as giving you glimpses of "what happened" to each character. Very clever!

They even posted their obituraries on the official web page (which I thought was good).

I will definitely miss this show!