Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
Okay, well nothing can *seriously* compete with the iPod, but I just came across this:

http://www.miniplayer.info/

I don't know how good it is or how reliable or durable. Nor do I know what the battery life is like, but ME LIKEY!!! Would be nice if Apple did something similar.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Not really a rip off, But give it 6 months and we'll probably see a Nano that'll see off this temporarily interesting machine.

For something you can buy now, I really like the Samsung YP-Z5. It gets panned by nerds who buy unreliable feature-loaded iAudios and suchlike, so it's unfortunate for Samsung because it's even lower on features than the Nano, and features is really what non-iPods sell on. Apparently they poached an Apple guy to develop the Z5 and although it's not as slick as a Nano, it's really nice. When you use it for a while you find it's full of 'heh, that's nice' touches that Apple are usually known for.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
Just to clarify...

runplaysleeprun said:
no video. Looks kinda cool, though.

It claims to support AVI playback.

2nyRiggz said:
Uhhhh that looks like an ipod dude...just with a few changes...made just like the 5Gen ipod...thats a rip off.

Show me an iPod that is the size of a credit card with 320x240 screen and I'll agree with you. Not trying to be confrontational, I just don't see it as a total rip-off...aside from the overall look.

I'm not suggesting this is an iPod killer, I guess mostly I'm excited to see what the new nano's look like.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
hayduke said:
It claims to support AVI playback.
Not trying to be confrontational, I just don't see it as a total rip-off...aside from the overall look.

Read my post again....I was talking about the look....who wouldn't look at that and think ipod...Good for them they got it the size of a credit card but they could at least get a better design(it look very much so)....come on.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.