Serious lag in WC3: FT

Discussion in 'Games' started by FongMan, Jun 14, 2006.

1. FongMan macrumors regular

FongMan

I play Frozen Throne with my cuz in Miami almost everyday. But i notice when there's alot going on i lap seriously. I'm running on my MBP 1.83, 1GB, 128MB VRAM. I'm pretty sure this laptop is strong enough to run this game on full. So i want to know if the lag is due to the computer or internet connection. The lag is a mixture of delay (more than likely connection) and very very skippy & freezing gameplay. What do you guys think? Internet or hardware?

2. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

I have to say it must be the internet connection. I use to play on a 800Mhz iMac G4 on default settings, with no problems.
    If you like WCIII, you should give Warhammer 40k a try. It's soooo much fun. (you'll need XP loaded)

3. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

I really hope so. I guess i'll find out when i go to Miami this summer...Jamaica sucks. Thanks alot :)

4. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Just out of curiosity but how do you install it?

I can install it but can't play. I can't update manually either . . .

MacBook Pro here.

5. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

ummm....well i just installed it regularly really. Put in the CD then CD key and installed. Put in Frozen Throne CD and key, installed. Then ran the game. Battlenet and it updated itself. And....yeh that's basically it, didn't do any alterations or anything, just straight installation.

6. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

Only problem i really have other than the lag is that rarely it would just exit/crash on my but that rarely happens fortunately, but other than that no prob here.

7. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Why not load those same maps as single player custom games to rule out internet lag?

8. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

Well as i said it only happens when alot is going on in the game. Single player doesn't have the same amount of stuff running. So i not getting a full test. I can't get 2 teams each with 3 full armies battling each other all at the same time in the single player mode like when i play with my cuz and his friends

9. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Sorry, I should have read closer. I would definitely say that the slowdown you're experiencing is hardware; more specifically, the fact that Warcraft 3 (and Frozen Throne) are not Universal Binaries. You have to run WC3 through Rosetta; some slowdown is bound to happen in any modern game using Rosetta. Hopefully they release a Universal Binary patch for it soon.

10. FongMan thread starter macrumors regular

FongMan

Oh i see. Wow thought they woulda made it UB by now...thanks alot