Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gjg554

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
I am having a serious problem with my powerbook g4 17" display. I cant even describe it, look at these pics
example.jpg
ex2.jpg
Notice the strange bar like collumns running down the pictures, and the dirty looking brushed metal. Also look at the lines. What can be causeing this? You might not even be able to see the problem, cause the captured images are showing it, but on my computer those pics have the problems

gjg554

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
problem

the digital camera isnt taking the picture right so I will try to explain what happened. I was working on my computer, when all of a sudden the color started to jumble up and change colors, gradulally it became lighter with pixels all over the place. I turned it off and then on to find my desltop streaked with collumns of clear and black bars. Lines go through icons, the shadow of windows are lines that do not disappear. The brushed metal also looks like a dirty kind of brown. The colors also get very blocky. When trying open a program the icon looks like it is in a square. This is very strange.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
well surely it cant be a problem with the screen itself because otherwise you wouldnt be able to take a screen shot of it.so my guess is that is it something to do with the graphics card.

give the laptop a hit and see if it sorts it out! :D

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
my video card for my old PC did that when it broke, we replaced it and it went back to normal...I have the 17 PB..hope that doesnt happen to mine!

gjg554

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
fixed

wow thanks. i took the battery out and pushed in the compartment. Everything is fixed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.