1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Seriously cool iMac G5 desktop

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Mike Teezie, Feb 28, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

It shows what the computer's insides would look like through a semi-transparent screen/wallpaper.

Very cool.

link

2. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Its not that great TBO. :(

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

Sorry, but it isn't as nice as I expected. It's essentially an underlay of the default Mac OS X desktop. The same that I use on my G4. Having just the G5 layout would be nice.

4. macrumors 601

cb911

yeah i like it. if you're using that App that those guys make for the iMac G5 it would be pretty cool.

5. macrumors 68020

killuminati

Not exactly what I was expecting but interesting nonetheless

6. macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I wouldn't use it, and it could be done a lot better.

The idea is nice though.

7. macrumors 6502a

Windowlicker

Looks kind of dirty IMHO.

8. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Doesn't make me go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, but it is a cool idea. I like it, just not in an "excited" way.

9. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I used to have a photo of my boss on transparent way with the aqua desktop as if he was looking angry at me ... :) that was funny until he saw it :eek: ... Now, I prefer to rotate the desktop picture every week...

10. macrumors 68020

Chappers

average

11. macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I agree with you I was looking at it for a sec until I relized it was the inside. Its a cool idea though.

12. Moderator

Mitthrawnuruodo

Staff Member

Nice idea, not very well executed, and a bit messy... I'll go with those who voted this 'average'...

And kind of silly to use on (or modify for) my iBook... :p ...unless you hooked it up to an iSigth and really got a semi transparent image of what's behind the screen, that would be kind of :cool:... ;)

13. macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Average indeed.

If I had an iMac, I'd try to use the "loagic board" underneath an actually cool desktop.

And I can't figure out why it's grainy?

Oh well.

14. macrumors 6502

Err, isn't that just two layers with the opacity turned downed on the g5 layer? I must be missing something.