Seriously Embarrassed: Thread Count

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by lanray, Mar 14, 2006.

1. lanray macrumors regular

So, I tried to post something to the marketplace, and apparently I don't have enough posts to post. Then, I went looking for my # of posts, and I can't find it. Where do I find this elusive number?

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

just click on your user name, and view you public profile!

3. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Sadly, vBul doesn't make it easy to get your post count. Just click on your user name if you see it somewhere.

4. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

On the menu bar (between Search and Log Out) is "Quick Links" . Click on that and scroll down to "my profile"

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It used to be incredibly easy to see and people were spamming their way to an avatar. It became less of a problem once the post count was removed from every post.

6. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

Thanks everyone.

Dang, that's a lot of posts. I read the stuff all the time (my wife says!) but I don't often have much to say. Well, in time.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Be glad you don't run off at the mouth (or keyboard) as many of our members do, myself included. Listening is more to be admired than speaking.

8. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

As we say in sales, "You have two ears and one mouth, use them proportionately" or to make it more appropriate for MR, "You have 2 eyes and one keyboard, use them proportionately".

9. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Unfortunately some members see it as: "I have 2 eyes and 10 fingers, use them proportionately"

10. MrTchMan macrumors member

I need to post more. I want to sell my 15in PB only 74 for more posts away

11. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

dang --- beat me to it

just surf the forums and see topics of interest

if a member has a problem research it and help out, you'll help yourself AND the person because you'll learn something and they'll learn something

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So what do you do with your ten toes? That's such a waste of good appendage.

13. lanray thread starter macrumors regular

appendages and other stuff

I wish there was a loophole to let you post in Marketplace. Maybe a certain number of posts in a certain amount of time. Or, so many logins, or something. I'm not truly whining when I say that it'd be nice so that I wouldn't have to feel as though I need to make a 100 posts even when I don't really have much to say, even when I check the site several times a week, sometimes several times a day. Anyways, I also thought it was funny that someone wrote about appendages. It's usually only a matter of time before someone says something about their appendage, so to speak.

14. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

the marketplace is a bit of a mess. we'll have to see what we can do about it.

arn

15. MrTchMan macrumors member

I have some ideas....I will PM you

16. MrTchMan macrumors member

Here are the general rules that another site I visit uses.

New Rules:

1. A 4 point warning will be issued for posting a Trading Post ad without meeting the minimum requirements: 3 month SprintUser membership AND the minimum of 150 post count OR 6 month SprintUser membership without a minimum post count requirement.

2. Transactions done through PM or with a member who doesnt meet the requirements is at your own risk. Please do not contact any SU staff member for help if you take the RISK.

3. Transactions between two eligible members that have a dispute will be mediated by the mod team to try to find a fair resolution. However if a member openly defrauds another member they are forever banned from SU and you will be added to the "Wall of Fraud."

4. No Thread Crapping. No Exceptions!! If you think the price is too high DO NOT BUY IT and DO NOT COMMENT or you will be warned by a Moderator.

5. Thread Bumping is allowed once in a 24 hour period in Trading Post only.

6. The Trading Post is mainly for Sprint Nextel items but out of courtesy to members who have other providers, other providers' items will be allowed for sale. Non-Sprint Nextel items need to be clearly marked as such.

17. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

Let's see, there is currently 1,155 threads in the (un-archived) Marketplace. If everybody can bump there thread once a day, that would be around 75 bumps and hour. Therefore, a new thread could move from page one to page 8 within the course of a hours time.

18. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

But... but... nobody remembers the listeners!

19. MrTchMan macrumors member

There is a lot more posting here. You could change the rules to better suit this site. I just used it as a suggestion.

20. Whistleway macrumors 6502

I can't post in marketplace either :( I wonder why, since my post count says it's above 100.

21. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You have 96 posts.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Maybe channel surfing or washing the dishes.

Bless

23. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

And now, 92. Wow.. anti-postings!! :eek:

24. Whistleway macrumors 6502

Seriously, I saw 102 posts :( How come they decrease as time goes on..