Server Admin hangs while connecting to local server

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by someguy, Jan 22, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

someguy

I have a Mac mini Server (10.6) and I was making changes to a couple of the services and the entire app locked up.

Now, even after a reboot and a repair permissions, the Server Admin app just hangs after I attempt to connect to my server.

Is there a way to delete or reset the server settings so that everything is defaulted when I connect to it again?

What can I do?

Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

Ssh

it happened to me also. you can try disabling the firewall through ssh. it could be also the DNS, try disabling it through ssh and run server admin connecting through the ip address.

3. macrumors newbie

i'm a hardware/networking expert...

4. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

You can jack around for hours trying to fix that. Why not just re-install? That only takes 15 minutes.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

If you mean re-install the OS, that takes a bit longer than 15 minutes. That is, however, what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

6. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

Yes, mispoke, but glad you're okay now. I DO have a 15 minute rule... can't fix it that fast, re-install and migrate data back. Saving the settings in Admin is fantastic.