Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BryanSchmiedele

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Two nights ago at about 10 PM I received some emails from the Mac OS X 10.8.3 server that several settings were changed. I thought that was odd as I didn't change anything. When I came in in the morning there was a red 1 in the Server.app dock icon, but nothing in the Alerts section of the server. Could someone have changed things and then cleared the log? And if so, can I look back in one of the logs and see what changed and who changed it?

Bryan

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
Two nights ago at about 10 PM I received some emails from the Mac OS X 10.8.3 server that several settings were changed. I thought that was odd as I didn't change anything. When I came in in the morning there was a red 1 in the Server.app dock icon, but nothing in the Alerts section of the server. Could someone have changed things and then cleared the log? And if so, can I look back in one of the logs and see what changed and who changed it?

Bryan

Yes alerts can be cleared. You can't really see what settings have been changed, but you can view the logs by opening terminal and typing

Code:
open /var/log

the finder window that pops up will show all of your log files for just about every service on the mac. You will be able to see when the service was last restarted after someone changed the settings which will give you something to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.