Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veritas310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Hi,

This is my first time posting on this forum, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help with the odd issue we're having :). At our office we have a Mac OS X 10.3.x server with our email hosted on it (among other things). We have two computers in the office that have an information account (info@ourdomain.com) in Apple Mail (Mail 2.0). They, up until about three weeks ago, were receiving new emails to that account just fine and there were zero issues. However, since August 26th, emails will not come in. We can send emails to it and they do not bounce back, in fact we can log onto the webmail interface with the server and all messages are there.

This got me to thinking, so I decided to add the same account to my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.5.4) and Apple Mail (3.4). Upon doing so I received all 3,000+ messages that were on the server (same exact settings). After completing this, I decided to try and a PowerBook that another employee uses. I added the account, saved, then it said it was fetching 1 of 3,000+ messages. At about 968 it skipped to "Indexing files" and then completed with just 968 of the emails, just up until the date that the other computer stopped receiving them (August 26). I tried to remove/add on the initial computer having the issue, same exact result. I tried rebuilding the mailbox on both machines, again same result.

It's interesting because we all connected to the same server with the exact same settings, on the same network, the only difference being the Operating System/Mail version. Has anyone ever had an issue like this? Is there any way to essentially clear the cache of the workstation and maybe that new fresh connection to the server will yield more positive results? Any help is extremely helpful, our office is about to get terribly busy and we hope to get this issue remedied quickly. Thanks so much in advance for your advice!

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.