server slows down

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by collinssol, Jul 30, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 15, 2009
    I have been experiencing a weird slowdown of my server and i thought i would post whats been happening to see if anyone can give me some direction on how to fix it.

I have business class internet at my home office and i am running 10.6 server on my mac mini. I have an airport extreme hooked to the modem and it has the static ip information from my ISP and it redirects traffic to my server. I have dns set up and the web server running. It runs great then after awhile it starts to take several minutes to server a web page. One site is my main site in which a styled normal page takes several minutes to load but a test page with nothing but a paragraph of text loads fine. If i restart the server all pages start loading normally.

The only thing i haven't tried is hooking the server up directly to the net through a switch instead of it having an internal ip and doing forwards but i don't think that will help since restarting seems to fix it temporally. Are there any logs anywhere i can look at to help narrow this down?
  2. macrumors 68040

The site load fine here, so I assume this is just an ad?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 15, 2009
    not an ad

no its not an ad. It doesn't happen all the time. When it does happen i restart the server and it fixes the problem. It happened again today. I have been pouring over log files and still not found anything. CPU usage only gores to about 40% and overall network traffic is low.