Setting Application's exe Icon ?????

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by naveen, Jun 4, 2005.

1. naveen macrumors member

Hi all

I am working on macintosh system and developed an application using QT Programming kit (C++ GUI programming tool).

I want to change the icon of my application.

How i can do this on mac system.

Plz help.

Thanks and regards

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Sorry, but your title says about exe files. I belive these are application launch files in Windows, but there are no exes on Mac. If you work on a mac you should know that. Mac's apps have extension .app

Now to change an icon of any document/folder/application you need to open Get Info winodow from the File menu in Finder or press Command-I, then select the small icon on the top-left and paste another one :)

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Create and .icns file using Icon Composer (part of XCode), put it in the Resources folder of the application bundle. Don't forget to define the icon in the app builder.

4. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I think he's talking about a C++ program without an application bundle.

The only way, AFAIK, is to use the copy/paste method mentioned above.

5. naveen thread starter macrumors member

sorry Its an .app file and want to change the Icon of this app. How i can do this when i am making the project using QT (C++ GUI tool kit) and how i can change after making the .app file from the qt programming.

I am apply ur solution but still i am not able to change the icon of .app file in my system.

Thanks and regards

6. naveen thread starter macrumors member

Hi all
    now i am able to change the .app's file icon using the copy paste. But i want to set the icon when i am making the project . I want to set the icon using programming. Plz help me how i can do this???

Thanks and Regards