setting @rpath in xcode for debugging

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by kamo, Mar 23, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hello,

I can't see the values of NSStrings and other object in the debugger. I get the "Summary unavailable" label on every object.

I think this might be because the @rpath is not set correctly, I get messages like:

Code:
    warning: Unable to read symbols for "@rpath/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics" (file not found)

Where can I set the @rpath for the debugger? (I tried project info/ build/ linking/ runpath search paths, but that didn't do the trick.)

Thanks,
    kamo

2. macrumors 6502

Well, it's strange you're even able to run the app, since the correct path for that framework is this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/CoreGraphics

Are you doing something to make it look for that framework in the wrong place?

FYI, to change @rpaths, you need to use install_name_tool. Unfortunately, there is no tool in Xcode to do this.

As for your actual question, I really don't know. I've never seen that before. You're using 'po' to print them out, right?

3. thread starter macrumors member

I get these errors with the iPhone SDK.

They are printed automatically in the debug view console.