Setting up a site for use with Contribute

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by NoNameBrand, Dec 17, 2006.

1. NoNameBrand macrumors 6502

I have a client that wants to use Contribute to maintain the new site I'm creating, as that's how the old one was maintained. I am a bit concerned about the program spewing useless tags into the page, possibly breaking the layout. I got the client to edit a quick page I put together, and it didn't add too much, but if possible I would love to restrict to being as non-intrusive as possible.

I know one can set up templates with Dreamweaver, but I don't use Dreamweaver... (nor have a copy). All the documentation I've found thus far on Adobe's site only talks about controlling the site by designing it in Dreamweaver, which is a non-starter for me.

The client's version of Contribute is the newest one, if it helps.

A server side CMS is out, this is HTML only (though if Contribute mungs things up, other options will be discussed, I'm sure).

Thanks!

2. mufflon macrumors 6502

you can download a 30-day try dreamweaver from macromedia's homepage (read adobe's), apply it on a couple of pages and see the html result - should be a good way to start :)

download clickety

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Contribute should work for any straight html site. Just tell them what to edit and what to leave alone!