Setting up a UK and USA itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StokeLee, Aug 4, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

What i mean is,,,,

My friend is so lucky, she's having a career break for 8 months and visiting a friend in San Francisco, and today she brought herself a Pink Mini iPod after listening to me,( I was so excited, lol) and almost a 12" iBook, but one of our work colleagues is letting her borrow her laptop with XP on it. (Damn was really looking forward to having a go on it, but oh well) Anyway, sometime over the weekend, im going to show her how to use itunes, her ipod, how to download her fotos from her digital camera, and some other stuff, she's a pc novice.

Now iTunes, she registers an account in the UK, and as for the next month she will only be in the uk she can only buy music from the UK iTunes store, when she moves to the USA, she will only be able to buy from the USA iTunes store, does she have to make a new account for this? or can she use the same one? I want to make sure i cover all the angles for her, thou i have told her that any major iPod issues then im sure she could visit an Apple store in San Fran.

Thank you for your help
    Lee

2. mpw Guest

If she's only in the US for a few months she'll be keeping her UK credit cards etc. I assume so she could just carry on logging in to the iTMS UK.

However, she might like to buy music from the US because it has a different library and is slightly cheaper.

I guess she'd need to have a US credit card and change her account payment details in her Apple account and that would work fine or just set up a 2nd Apple ID with the US credit card.

3. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Hmm, My friend and a new credit card, that spells trouble,lol, but cool, ive noticed the larger playlist, and the many many music videos,,, I use it the USa site a lot to play the videos.

Thanks for your info

4. Switzermac macrumors regular

US billing address for US account.
    UK billing address for UK account.