Setting up Entourage with

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stornoway, May 8, 2005.

1. stornoway macrumors newbie

May 8, 2005

I was hoping to use as my main email, so I can centralise all my correspondence, but its very primitive compared with Entourage.

What I'd like to do instead is continue to use Entourage at my various locations but have as a repository of all the correspondence, replies, and attachments.

I may be rather thick but I can't quite work out how to do this, can anyone help?

I've tried using to pick up mail from my pop account but it is miserably slow and unreliable (despite the fact that mail2web never seems to have a problem).

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You are terribly confused., aka .mac, provides an email address. Entourgage is a communications management app that includes an email client.

You seem to be lumping Mail, the MacOS X built-in email client, with .mac, your subscription-based service from Apple. Mail can access every email account that you can access via Entourage and vice-versa. There are a few exceptions, particularly in the case of web-based accounts.

You need to better explain what you are trying to do.
  3. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    If you are talking about using Entourage as your email client to send things out, but have Mail be what you use to organize, recieve mail, put attachments into folders, for all your email addresses, this isn't a good idea. Its best to stick to one email client for the particular email address, weither that me Entourage or Mail.

So, you can setup all your email addresses in Mail, or set them all up to be used in Entourage. If you want to use both, you can setup one or more email address in Mail then all the rest in Entourage, but you shouldn't have one email address setup on both applications. This will confuse you to where things are, and you might loose something important.