Setting up Mail for Comcast Email Address

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tmoney468, May 2, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I've had a problem that I've never been able to get Mail working with my Comcast email here on my MBP. I've looked at their settings online and everything seems to be correct, but I can only receive mail, but I cannot send mail (which is kind of annoying).

It seems to be an issue with the SMTP server, which is the outgoing server. I get this error message:

[​IMG]

Has anyone ever got Mail working with a Comcast email? Thanks!

2. macrumors newbie

I'm using Mail with my Comcast account with no problems. I have a MBP and if I recall when I initially set up Mail I only had to enter my email address. Everything else happened "automatically". The outgoing mail server should be smtp.comcast.net:your.name. Perhaps try setting mail up from scratch?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, thanks for the info. I was trying to get Mail working at my work, and I didn't have any luck. I tried it here at home with the same settings and it works flawlessly. So to think of all the time I wasted at work trying to get it working...they must block the outgoing connection to the Comcast server. Thanks for your help!