Settings for Dolby 5.1 via HB 92 WinGui DVD rips

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ckgoodwin, Feb 24, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2008
    Hey All,

I've been trying to get Dolby 5.1 audio out of my DVD rips to my ATV using HB 0.9.2 WinGui with no luck do far. I have been using HB on on WinDoze and Ubuntu since I got the ATV over the summer (with great results) so I am not a total noob, but seem to be hung up on this one.

Can someone using the WinGui share the settings/steps they are using to successfully rip a DVD to ATV with Dolby 5.1 audio?

I am currently using DVD Decrypter in ifo mode to rip a single .vob file which I then convert using HB and the ATV preset. I am selecting AC3 as the Audio encoder and have tried the default "automatic" settings for "audio track" and "track mix" with no luck. I only ever see "Stereo, Dolby Surround, and Dolby pro-logic II" when AC3 is selected as options for the track mix. I have also tried fiddling with the manual settings of "audio track" and "track mix" but only seem to get a stereo track in the HB output. I have been testing this on a chapter from Toy Story 2 and Saving Private Ryan DVDs.

Any suggestions on what I am missing would be much appreciated...

- Chris