Setup question

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by rafverh, Mar 4, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum (and only a few months with Mac). In the process of completing my full setup at home i have the following issue.

I have 2 rooms where i want to stream stuff to :

1. cinema room where i want to stream movies & music to
    2. audio room where i want to stream music in high quality to

What is the issue ?

Well in room 1 the library (play lists & ratings) are from a different user then the library i want to stream to room 2.

I'm going to install a Mini mac with snow leopard server as a file server so the audio files will be on this machine.

further more there will are 2 imacs connected to the network (myselfs and my wife's) but we do not want to leave these machines running all the time.

As i understand i cannot run 2 instances of itunes ?
    so i will need to put a mini (or something else) in one room in order to run it's own itunes library. In the other room (probably the cinema) i can work with an apple TV connected to the mini mac server install ?

now i'm using Airport express to stream music to both of these rooms but based on the same itunes library. This is not what i want.

Does anybody have any other idea's ?

Here's a picture of what i had in mind, however with one of the mini's being an apple tv, but i find this setup quite expensive.

Attached Files: