Several Questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by richard4339, Sep 13, 2006.

1. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Ok, I just bought my fiancee a 5G 30gig iPod 3 weeks ago. My new 80gig 5G iPod should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

I've never used an iPod (Creative Zen before), so, I'm curious. Can I sync both iPods to the same iTunes, and use iTunes purchased content on both?

Also, is there an easy way to use a service to get your mp3s renamed and ID tags updated correctly?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, you can use both iPods with the one computer. Coolness. As for the ID3 tags, iTunes will look after retaining this information. If you rip your music whilst connected to the internet, they'll name themselves automatically. Also, if you purchase from the iTunes Music Store, you'll get properly named tracks too. :)

3. richard4339 thread starter macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Well, I have a collection of 10gigs of music, which is why I'm wondering if there is an easier way to updating the tags without going through manually.

But more than anything, I was wondering about the iPods. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy things twice.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, you can put the purchased music on as many iPods as you like, as far as I know. There might be a limit but you can definitely use both iPods with the same purchased tracks. :)