Severe network problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by knome, Nov 11, 2006.

1. knome macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2006
    This is what happens. I'm playing a game and all the sudden i get connection box. it gets worse and worse no matter what i do. So i reboot same problem. Reset SMC and reboot internet connection issues solved. So for a day latter the issue pops up again but this time i can not connect to aim or msn but web pages work. Reset again and problems go away. Then a day latter i put my comp to sleep and when i wake it up i have no internet and system won't connect until i pull the cord out and put it back in. Reset SMC again and it seems to have gone away for 4 days then it hits again this time taking out windows side too. Reset again and now its 2 weeks latter and it hits again. So now when it hits i lose everything even the ability to get it working by pulling the cord out and putting it back in.

I had an issue like this once on my old G4 and i reset open firmware but i can't seem to find anything like this on here.

WHAT is going on????

Is anyone else having these problems?????
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Are there other machines on the network/connection? Are there other apps (namely file sharing apps) that might be using the connection? Have you tried resetting your modem/router? :)
  3. knome thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2006
    I have a dedicated 10 mbps pipe directly connected to my computer along with a hardware firewall.