Sex in the City and Macs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    So for the previous seasons, Sarah Jessica Parker had the old G3 laptop - tonight's show Charlotte had an iBook and Samathas office had a bunch of Apple LCDs - but Sarah did a photo shoot for her book cover and she was holding another iBook.

I'm amazed at the amount of Macs, not that its a bad thing. Got to love the exposure

2. BongHits macrumors regular

May 2, 2002
    has anyone else noticed that macintoshes appear in television and movies WAY more than PCs do, yet only account for 5% of the market? maybe its because they just look better than an ugly gray box, or has hollywood figured out macs are superior :D
  3. Macette macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2002
    often in movies/teevee, the good guys use macs and the bad guys use pcs... i think it's pretty much like that in 24.
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I noticed that also tonite...they are using more & more Macs it seems... :D
  5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    i'm not sure if thats true or not, that most films or tv programs use macs.
    ever notice how, right before you buy a new car, you start seeing them everywhere? might be the same thing, we're just more concious of the presence of macs. I agree though, I notice them everywhere.

One of the scenes in the movie UNBREAKABLE there are several powermac towers on the floor. the first time i saw the movie i couldnt take my eyes off of them.. thru the scene i happened to notice that when the camera would change shots, the power macs would move their position slightly.... just an inconsistancy in the film, but i wouldnt have caught it if i wasnt such a mac nerd..
  6. BongHits macrumors regular

May 2, 2002
    yea if i wasnt a mac fan i would never know that they are apple computers. I remember in a movie there was a shot of the back of an Apple LCD with the F*CKIN APPLE on it and my friend was like Whoa that's nice who makes those? i had no comment
  7. macsurfer macrumors regular

Jul 18, 2002
    NYC, L.A.
    Yes more Macs are used in Film and Television. One reason is that they LOOK better and are more stylish. Another is becuase the Film and Television industry itself has been Mac centric virtually since the Mac was introduced!

(By the way it is Sex AND the City)
  8. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    if you look at the credits for the movies they almost always say "thanks to apple computer"...

even in free willy they had macs :p .. also, even though no macs where shown in star wars they said "thank you apple computer"...