SF Giants in post-season...will they go all the way and meet the oakland A's?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Sep 30, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the and francisco giants made the post season via the wildcard in the national league and they are on an emotional roll

the oakland A's are probably the best team in baseball and it seems likely they will get to the world series representing the american league side

so, in the somewhat unlikely event that the giants win the national league pennant and go against the A's in the world series (like they did in 1989),

who do you think will win?

in a much, much more unlikely sports scenario in football, with its season only a quarter of the way through, does anybody see the possiblity of a raiders vs. 49ers superbowl?...the two teams have never met in the superbowl

...and why do new yorkers get all the fun when it comes to professional sports and post seasons?:p

2. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

although the a's have been hot lately, i don't think they will get past the yankees. nor do i think the giants will get past the second round, after all, the have to get past the braves, who had the second best record in baseballl, next to the YANKEES.:)

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

although the a's have been hot lately, i don't think they will get past the yankees. nor do i think the giants will get past the second round, after all, the have to get past the braves, who had the second best record in baseballl, next to the YANKEES.:)

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i can see the A's beating the yankees but for san francisco to get past the braves is unlikely in my book

then again, i didn't think the arizona diamondbacks would get past the yankees...so anything can happen;)

in football, of course, it is too early to tell since mid and late season injuries usually write the script for professional football

i would like to see a first time battle of the bay superbowl between oakland and san francisco

if that happened, i would most likely give it to the niners since in five tries at the superbowl, they have five victories...they have no history of blowing the big game since they won their first trophy twenty years ago

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Just to be superstitious:

2 words: Hayward Fault.:eek:

6. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: Just to be superstitious:

Don't even joke. I used to live directly on top of the hayward fault when I lvied in berkeley (the fault runs goal line to goaline through the UC berkeley football stadium. If you look up in the rafters, the metal is all twisted because of it) That last earth quake during the giants/A's world series was serious stuff (that fo course, was on the san andreas fault) and killed a lot of people, and is stll messing things up (we just reopened that one hgihway that collapsed on itself like last year)

But as for the possibility of a bay bridge series again: A's all the way. The giants can bite me, and so can their arriving-late-leave-after-the seventh-inning-so-i-can-beat-traffic-cell-phone-talking-my-company-got-me-these-great-seats-or-else-i-wouldn't-have-come-look-at-our-cool-stadium fans. The A's are gonna win it all.

Oh yeah, yankees suck too. Ok they don't, but I think them and the A's are a very even matchup in a lot of ways. I give the edge to the yanks, much as that pains me, but I think my A's can beat'em this year.

7. kungfu macrumors regular

8. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Re: Just to be superstitious:

I CAN joke. I was living 2 miles from the epicenter at the time. I'm now living 6 miles from the epicenter.

9. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

GOOOOOOO TWINS!!!!

Wow, they sucked early in da game yesterday, but they WON!!! Oakland what? World series what? GO TWINS! :D

10. kungfu macrumors regular

yes! another twins fan!!! yeah, i couldn't believe they won that, intense game. we'll see what happens tonight!

kungfu