SGP antiglare?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dread, Apr 28, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Can I expect the same loss of clarity from the sgp antiglare as I get from the power support antiglare on the iphone or is sgp a superior product to power support?

2. macrumors 65816

SGP is clearer than PowerSupport. I've used both and prefer SGP screen sheilds on all my devices.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I notice that sgp claims their anti fingerprint film improves clarity. Is this true? I don't see how it is possible. Does the screen get that grainy look

4. macrumors regular

sgp questions

SGP = Steinheil, right???

Also, do the films from this company require you to spray liquid adhesive con the screen or not?? I feel a little uncomfortable with the sleeves that require me to put any kind of liquid on the screen...

To those who have used these screens before... is there any kind of nasty residue left on the glass once the film is removed???

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

no liquid or residue. Check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpnxZZd-J0

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Where did you find it in stock? It's sold out at the SGPStore.

8. macrumors 68000

9. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

jedolley thanks for your link. Ordered one.

I really am tired of finger prints all over the iPad surface. This should help.

10. macrumors 68000

Daremo

I LOVE SGP anti fingerprint on my iPhone. I absolutely HATE it on the iPad. I ordered 2 of them, put one on, and removed it after only 12 hours. The screen quality drops. It get's very blurry, and after 2 weeks of using the screen with that clarity, I simply couldn't do that.

I hope you guys like it more then I did... As of now, I have an unopened GSP I seriously doubt I'll ever use.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good to know
    I will go with their crystal film.

12. macrumors 68040

Yeah, i'm afraind of this.

The choice is going to boil down too which one causes more eye strain:
    reflections vs blur.

But with the brightness all the way up i'm not sure of exactly how much eye strain it's causing.

And I think there's a significant difference in the type of reading and viewing your doing, and the effects reflections may have. Browsing while reading posts and short articles, may cause much less strain then reading longer documents, where your eyes don't get a break every 30 seconds, or so.

I don't know.

WTF :D

13. macrumors 68000

Daremo

That is true. I just find it's easier to give it quick wipe every so often, then to lose that brilliance of that screen. Everything I've used it for, from the web, to games, to reading comics, when that crisp brilliance is removed, the device feels less... Magical. LOL! I kid, I kid.

14. macrumors 65816

I have the SGP AF film on my iPad for the last few days now and I really like it. No problems with less clarity at all.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now I'm back where I started. Just got my iPad today and the finger prints are everywhere. Anyone using apple's case with a screen protector. I can't even get my iPad out of the case without one so I'm concerned about fitting it in the case

16. macrumors newbie

17. macrumors 65816

SGP with Apple Case and Carbn Fiber skin with no issues.

18. macrumors 604

clayj

Just ordered one... it looks to be a better offering than the Power Support antiglare film (which I *love* for my iPhone).

19. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

Got mine today and ripped it out within 2 hours. Could not stand the blurred text. Better to keep cleaning the screen than lose the clarity any.

20. macrumors newbie

I got mine today and found it a bit disappointing. It surely is finger print proof but the screen becomes way too blurry. I've seen a lot of reviews that SGP AF is better than PS antiglare for an iPhone. But it seems like it's not the case with the iPad. I might replace SGP AF with PS antiglare.

21. macrumors 65816

this is disappointing, i have 2 on the way for my wife and I's ipad. hope that i like it.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

23. macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

I've got one sitting on my desk just haven't got the guts to put it on since I don't want to loose the screen quality. I mean I did spend around $20 for it.

I've got the skin protector on the back and I absolutely love it. I'm thinking about oxering some more maybe the carbon fiber one.

I've read that the olephobic coating will wear off after some time so I might get the crystal clear version for it just to protect the coating, I don't know.

24. macrumors 6502

Where are you guys getting blur words? Learn how to install it right. The sgp af is great and i installed it perfectly.

25. macrumors 6502

timdafweak

You mean you don't see it? I installed it perfectly, nary a bubble, and cleaned the screen well before, and the screen protector, after. The text is rather blurred, and that's immediately apparent. I am so bummed I am out $24. But well, live and learn.