Shadow President?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jovian9, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    I had a game on my Packard Bell Computer (1996) running windows 95 called Shadow President. It's a great game, sort of a political simulation game where you are president and make decisions for the United States (taxes, most favored nation trade status, war, etc.)......and wind down to the next election. You try to maintain popular support so that the country follows you and doesn't try to get rid of you. Anyone here remember the game.
    It had to be installed/ran on DOS I believe. Recently I've bought this game again (off of eBay)......though I do not have a PC anymore. I do have VPC 6.1 and Windows XP Pro. Do I need to obtain a copy of DOS to install in VPC to install this game? If so, can I transfer the files from a 3.5" disk to a CD-ROM and still install this game on VPC ( I do not have a USB floppy drive)?
    It would not require much processing power so I'd be able to run it just fine on VPC. I'm really wanting to play this game but there's no way I'm buying a PC. Thanks for any help!
  2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Yeah, I had (have) that game. I messed around with it awhile back in 93-94. Almost too big to work. I never tried to run it through VPC, but I suspect that you're right about it being no problem.
  3. Golem macrumors 6502

Jun 2, 2003
    It should be fine the only problem might be XP itself. If you do have trouble see if you can find an old win 95 or 98 and try it under that.
  4. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    I am tanned, rested and ready, now residing in an undisclosed location. Vote TJ in '04.