Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
just wondering if anyone had tried this yet...

when i had my MBPro about a 8 months ago, i found shadowbook to be a useful tool...has anyone tried installing this on their macbook air? the ambient light sensor and sudden drop motion sensor are both located at the top of the display (next to isight), so it wouldn't be as easy of a 'swipe' of a hand, but it still might be useful and good for a few 'wows' out of PC users :)

i wouldn't even think of trying the dreaded smackbook on my air...i barely like touching my display as it is, much less smacking it :D

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
nevermind, i tried it myself and the shadowbook 1.1 software doesn't differentiate between the Left and Right ambient light sensor (bc there is only one and not a L and R one, i'm guessing)...

however, i did find that smackbook isn't so bad on the air :D you don't have to 'smack' the display at all!! Actually, just a light pat on the left or right side of the unibody TC will do the trick :)

back to the point...someone should re-script shadowbook 1.1 to be compatible with the single ambient sensor MBAir...i'd pay for it

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
just wondering if anyone had tried this yet...

when i had my MBPro about a 8 months ago, i found shadowbook to be a useful tool...has anyone tried installing this on their macbook air? the ambient light sensor and sudden drop motion sensor are both located at the top of the display (next to isight), so it wouldn't be as easy of a 'swipe' of a hand, but it still might be useful and good for a few 'wows' out of PC users :)

i wouldn't even think of trying the dreaded smackbook on my air...i barely like touching my display as it is, much less smacking it :D

theres thousands of apps you can get that utilise the free fall and light sensors

http://semaja2.net/cool-mac-apps/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.