Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I have been making icons for a while and I wish I had a program to make dropshadows that is freeware. Anyone know of any?

Vader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I downloaded gimp, and X11, but gimp says it doesn't recognize the file type for my icon. I made the icon in iconographer.

Help?

Vader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Okay, nobody really said anything in this thread before, so I am going to bring it back to life...

...(blowing)...

Okay, is it alive again yet?

I just want some sort of drag an icon in and auto-shadow it with features to move the shadow and its size and darkness. I also need it to be free, or shareware, as long as it doesn't stamp something on my icon to make it hard to use, like the word demo across it or something.

The Black Rock

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2005
You know a stolen copy of Photoshop is free...

But if you're not into that, then try to crib someone's Photoshop elements. They come free with everything nowadays. I got one with the computer (I think), one with the scanner, one with the Wacom pad, and I think I got one from some where else. All of them ver. 7 though.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
The Black Rock said:
You know a stolen copy of Photoshop is free...

But if you're not into that, then try to crib someone's Photoshop elements. They come free with everything nowadays. I got one with the computer (I think), one with the scanner, one with the Wacom pad, and I think I got one from some where else. All of them ver. 7 though.

Photoshop Elements 7.0? Photoshop Elements is only up to 3.0.

The Black Rock

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2005
Okay then, they're 3.0 or less. I usually don't bother doing anything with them though, since I have the full version of CS now.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I have photoshop, but I think it is corrupted or something, I can't open it, it says there is a permissions problem, and I have it set to open, read and write, in my user. I have repaired permissions and al that, but it still gives the came error of me not having permission to use it. I can use Image Ready with no problems, how can I do shadows in that?, if it is possible.
I wish Photoshop worked so I could do aqua icons!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Vader said:
I have photoshop, but I think it is corrupted or something, I can't open it, it says there is a permissions problem, and I have it set to open, read and write, in my user. I have repaired permissions and al that, but it still gives the came error of me not having permission to use it. I can use Image Ready with no problems, how can I do shadows in that?, if it is possible.
I wish Photoshop worked so I could do aqua icons!
Deleting and Reinstalling Photoshop off the original CDs while logged in as yourself should fix it.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I think the password or serial number or whatever you need to install has been lost, all I have is the disc. Is there a code that you need?
If there is, I have lost or forgotten it, because my brother installed Photoshop long ago on my computer. I don't want to lose Image Ready if I do need a code when I put in the Photoshop again, because I use it a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.