Shake 3.5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daveway, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I've been knowing about Shake for awile now. I know Apple makes it and that it cost a WHOLE lot of money. However, I have no idea what its used for. Does anyone know?

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lol i have no idea what it's used for, but a quick look at www.apple.com/shake turns up that you need to buy a 3rd party mouse to use it because it requires a 3 button mouse!

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lol yeah, i guess it was worded kinda oddly. i changed the wording so it's a little less odd.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

edit: accidentally double-posted. stupid slow servers...i havent really been making sense in this thread....

5. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

you know, i was thinking as i wrote my first post (since been deleted). apple should have a standard mouse for consumer and a multi mouse for pro systems. they really should address that issue.

6. Daveway thread starter macrumors 68040

Daveway

I think its either for special effect (Matrix kinda stuff) or to adjust lighting and colorations, which i thought Final Cut already had the capability to do. Anyone else have a clue?

7. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Its used for rotoscoping and compositing.

Apple's pro apps all have a little overlap, but they each excel in their arena of expertise. Final Cut can do some of the things that Shake does, but Shake does it so much better and more efficiently.

It all depends on your needs. For some iMovie is all they need, others need Final Cut, and others require Final Cut and Shake (possibly with Motion, too).