Shakira!

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Muffin Man, Apr 8, 2005.

1. The Muffin Man macrumors regular

Shakira's new Spanish album was announced today! It's called Oral Fixation (I know, nasty...) and it will be released on June 7, a Tuesday. I'm so excited! I've been waiting for so long! The new single is called "The Torture", a duet with Alejandro Sanz, and it will come out on the radio this month. I hope it's awesome and I can't wait to see the video! Holla!

El nuevo CD español de Shakira se anunció hoy! Se llama Fijación Oral (yo sé, asquerosito...) y se lanzará el 7 de junio, un martes. Ya estoy tan emocionado! Lo he estado esperando por tanto tiempo! El nuevo single se llama "La Tortura", un duo con Alejandro Sanz, y saldrá en la radio este mes. Espero que sea buenísimo y no puedo esperar más hasta ver el video! Holla!

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Oral Fixation!? thats suggestive to the extreme, lol.

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I am looking forward to it as well. Her last album was wonderful :cool:

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

oh ya, just great :rolleyes: :p

5. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

At the very least, I'm looking forward to the music videos. That girls got some belly dancing moves like I aint ever seen B4.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

For pop she's got some good songs. Although, I typically prefer her spanish titles to their english versions.

You got that right. A few years ago I channel surfed into one of her videos and it stopped me and my roommate in our tracks. Literally, in the case of my roommate (he was walking across the room and stopped stone-cold when he saw the TV).

Lethal

7. The Muffin Man thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, she definitely has an amazing talent for belly dancing

and for the record, she could be considered pop, but NOT bubble-gum! let it be known! she writes all of her songs and they all have meanings!

8. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I couldn't change her spanish -Colombian- style, she sings a lot better in spanish and one can feel what she really was feeling when she wrote the song.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why else would people bother paying attention to it? They have to decorate it somehow, and the suggestive title and tight clothes is the only way. ;)

10. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Yup that is one of the biggest things that sell music today :p

11. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well with titles like 'underneath your clothes' in her last album her new album title isnt too far of a stretch :)

12. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

wll, I liked it anyway :p

13. The Muffin Man thread starter macrumors regular

I liked it too!

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I liked it 3 :).

She gained a lot of respect for me when I saw a show that featured her on MTV. She seemed to be very serious about her music, and very knowledgable.

scem0

15. The Muffin Man thread starter macrumors regular

16. Davito macrumors member

Shakira is great. I went to a concert of her last year, it was amazing.

17. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

NICE, just recently iw as wondering if she was a one hit wonder here in the US. good to know she is coming out with new stuff.

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

glad to hear that she is coming out with some more new stuff, i still have yet to explore all her past work, i guess i will have to have my girlfriend introduce me to those, but everything i have heard from her has been pretty good, not my typical style, but good nonethe less

19. The Muffin Man thread starter macrumors regular

"The Torture" is out on radio! I love it! it has latin beats for real, like merengue/bachata/cumbia club music. i wanna travel to colombia someday but i know that its dangerous.

"la tortura" ya se escucha en la radio! me encanta! tiene ritmos latinos de verdad, como la musica de club merengue/bachata/cumbia. quiero viajar a colombia algun dia pero se que es peligroso. too bad