Shameful Plug, but OK!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zflauaus, Nov 25, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Re edited-

Visit my site http://macflauaus.profusehost.net This is just a personal site I do for fun. It also helps my friends stay in contact with eachother and brings my family and friends together. I know it's poorly designed, but I'm 14. I did the best I could.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Since your page contains an ad, are we to assume that you are going to get PAID if we all visit it? If that's the case, then I have a slight objection to you posting the address here just to boost your site traffic.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems that, at a minimum, if this isn't just spam, you should at least say what your site is / contains. Seems fair, non? ;)

4. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

That banner is because I'm cheap. It's a free host. I'm not being paid at all. I'm sorry for wasting your time. I'm only 14. Sorry.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, if you're not getting paid, then I'm OK with it. I'm glad you were nice enough to ask if it was OK for you to post a link... as far as I'm concerned, it is. But it would be nice for you to tell us what the purpose of your site is so that people can visit having some idea of what they will find.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thank you for adding the part explaining what your site is. :) Good luck!

7. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Wouldn't he only get paid, if you CLICKED on the ad? Or in this case, the host?

About the site: it's basic but a good starting point. Good luck with building up your site :)

8. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't get paid. It's a free host with forced ads. Can't help it. But I can convince the admin of the service to take them off. Thanks for the info. I'll have to get Dreamweaver, a domain name, and a real host later on once I have money. Thanks guys!

9. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Hey bud, definitely a good start.... get practicing with your site and by the time your 18 you will be brilliant!