SHAMELESS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jun 17, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....0HGGNMCRBAEKSFEY?type=topNews&storyID=5442262
    "Trust me, I'm a politician".

How could he possibly have had a heart attack?? :confused:

2. toontra macrumors 6502

Let truth stand in the way of the biggest example of political manipulation and deception on the grandest scale in modern history? - "Hell no!"

3. wwworry macrumors regular

If Cheney gets away with this we are all doomed. The truth won't matter. Free pass to any misdeed.

4. numediaman macrumors 6502a

It's a simple strategy. If they admit that they have been caught in a lie, a substantial group of believers will not go to the polls in November. I don't believe for a second that these true believers will vote for Kerry, but they will finally realize that they have been used and will simply stay away.

How do you explain the fact that so many Americans believe that Bush's tax policies are actually meant to help them? In fact, the couple of hundred dollars most people got back from the Feds has been replaced with higher local taxes and fees, the deficit, and higher user fees (such as the extra money everyone is now paying in gas taxes). These supporters are willing to conveniently forget that a small group of Americans are being handed hundreds of thousands of dollars at the same time they get peanuts.

In the end, the administration has no choice but to repeat the same lies -- after all, I bet Sly still believes them -- right Sly?

Attached Files:

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And here I thought he just wasn't paying any attention to the 9-11 Commission. That's what I get for trying to be charitable.

6. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."

Voting for Kerry because he'll pay wellfare mothers 5,000 bucks a year, calling it a tax cut when they paid no taxes kinda sucks in my opinion. Tax cuts should only "directly" benefit those who "pay taxes". It benefits all of us by the fact that rich dudes have more money to invest in the market place to create more jobs with.

True allot of those new jobs will be in other countries but so be it. Even Europe out sources now, big controversy in their papers about it. What do you think a world economy will do? Out sourcing is just a symptom of the long range ramifications of the growth pains of such a world economy.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sly, what does any of that silly rant have to do with VP Cheney's false statements about a Saddam-alQaeda link? Or is the only response you can come up with when faced with such a lie to obfuscate as best you can? Can't talk about the topic at hand without looking bad?No problem, just throw a little flame-bait out there and watch the topic change...

8. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Ok let me draw the lines between the dots for you.
    ok Macstastic is it easier to understand why I posted what I did now?

I reply to those things that are of interest to me, not necessarily those items that are of interest to you.

9. wwworry macrumors regular

Except 75% of all jobs are are created by SMALL businesses - not the upper .5% that Bush supporting.

&

Those large multi-national rich dude corps. are, primarily, the ones outsourcing jobs.

&

In actuality, most of those rich dudes actually pay a smaller percentage of their income to taxes than your typical upper-middle class wage earner.

But these neo-cons and the ones they have conned always prefer ideology over actuality. Like Cheney, he will repeat any lie to get get what he wants.

10. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Certainly nothing is any clearer for me. Does the topic not concern you?

11. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Back to the topic at hand . . .

Apparently Bush went to war over chickens:

U.S. analysts also erred in their analysis of high-altitude satellite photos, repeatedly confusing Scud missile storage places with the short, half-cylindrical sheds typically used to house poultry in Iraq. As a result, as the war neared, two teams of U.N. weapons experts acting on U.S. intelligence scrambled to search chicken coops for missiles that were not there.

"We inspected a lot of chicken farms," said a former inspector who asked not to be identified because he now works with U.S. intelligence. His U.N. team printed "Ballistic Chicken Farm Inspection Team" on 20 gray T-shirts to mark the futile hunt.

http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-intel17jun17,1,2168031.story

Now if there is a really good reason to go to war, it's got to be chickens. We can't let these damn Middle East countries put a strangle hold on the world's supply of poultry. You'd think the French would back us on this one.

12. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Thailand's in trouble... :eek:

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's why they call them "chicken hawks." Well, that's another reason anyway.

14. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

It's called trickle-down economics. It didn't work in the 80s, and it won't work now. You know, many of the biggest corporations in the country pay no taxes either after all their write-offs. The least we can do is let some less advantaged people put some ****ing food on their table. Healthcare would be nice too, being that we're the only 1st world country in the world that doesn't provide it. Saddam Hussein provided better health coverage for his people than we do. Take your tired old ideas and shove em. We have real problems to solve.

Lee Tom

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ow.

16. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

:rolleyes: Go do some research on supposed welfare mothers then post. You might be surprised what you find. I know I was.

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

No, he would rather believe in the RNC misinformation machine.

18. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

The liberal media is more to blame than anyone, imo ;) They have a tendency to report extreme cases rather than norms :rolleyes:

19. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

What do you think they do with their money stuff it in their mattresses?
    If they put it in the bank then the bank has more money to loan and supply and demand formulas causes interest rates to fall.

If they put it in stock then business have more money to expand and thus hire more people somewhere.

They blow it on overpriced window blinds, boats, cars, whatever and increases the demand of such products which in turn increases the demand for the employees who make them.

If they outsource jobs then other people in other countries make more money and buy imports some of which from America, or from some other country who in turns makes more money hires more employees who spend their money on American products. That is if we make them at a reasonable price by not being force to pay those who make them unreasonable prices like GM for example who pay their people over 26 bucks an hour for unskilled assembly job labor.

No matter where they put their additional funds, unless they bury it under a rock or stuff their mattress with it, it can't help but increase employement somewhere.

20. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

If you are correct the money they are not spending on taxes they are investing in their business which in turn requires additional employees. Or they are investing in other business either directly, thru stock, or thru bank deposit who in turn loans it out. More money in the pockets of those who earn it makes more money available for those willing to earn it.

21. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

My neighborhood is full of wellfare mothers. One girl was willing to dump her boyfriend if I would agree to become her new boyfriend. We never been on a date and we never actually talked prior to her making me that offer she simply wanted a sugar daddy but not a husband who would ruin her wellfare benefits.

My family is full of those who get paid for not growing crops or not mining coal all of whom have asked me why havn't I moved there to receive GA they would help me collect it, its a wonderful carefree life. Instead I keep pounding my head on a brick wall trying to better my life because I don't believe in being a slug.

I know a lot of women who sit in their living rooms and collect wellfare with no intention of ever getting a job. Why should they the government pays for everything. It is their right after all their children deserve the best of everything.

I've done all the research I need to do in my own back yard.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

22. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Sly, do you know what a tax credit is? It is a credit for taxes paid. For God's sake, will you try to use at least an inch of brain matter before posting?

I know you hate the poor. It is a deeply rooted hate. But I ask you, why do you hate people who make very little money? What threat are they to you and your goal to make the rich richer?

23. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

That is what a tax credit is suppose to be. a credit on Income tax paid not on Social security insurance paid. If you pay no income tax if your tax result at the end of the year is equal to a total pay back of everything you paid in you should not get more back than you paid in. If you paid no income tax at all you still should get no money back because you have to pay money in order to get it back.

Those employment taxes don't count towards income tax. Neither does sales tax, gas tax, stupidity tax, whatever. Income tax credit should be only for income taxes paid.

24. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Are you really this stupid? Or are you playing a game?

You can't get a tax credit if you don't pay taxes -- get it?

I paid six figures in tax last year -- I'll be happy to take the extra couple thousand in credit. But I know the people it will really benefit are those who make a lot less. The role of government is to defend those people -- not me.

(For God's sake Sly, stop being a brown shirt for a moment and think for yourself.)

25. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And then they move their companies and money to offshore locations to avoid taxes.

I guess the rest of us can east cake...