Shapeshifter

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rapmastac1, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Ok, so I want to install shapeshifter for Mac. So I thot I would get this download, but I rememered I had Intel (Macbook). So I looked around and got this download for Intel. So, I did it, and it says it can't open it up in the prefrences panel, anyone happen to know why I get this lovely little error?

2. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I think I read that there was no universal binary (intel) version of shapeshifter on their homepage about 1-2 weeks ago. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version? Sounds to me like the program is not intel ready yet.

I could be wrong though...

3. ZLurker macrumors regular

4. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Shapeshifter is currently in it's public beta stage for Intel.
    It can be downloaded in the weblog, however read all the posts, as it looks like there have been some issues with it.

Hope this helps.
    ::20ROGERSC::

5. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Yeah, I might as well wait.

Now, if anybody knows this or not, Serene Scene Aquarium, the real fish aquairum screensaver. Well, I got the universal disc (Between Mac and PC) And it won't work on my Macbook, becuase of the Intel and what not. But, when I try to run it from the screensvaer menu, it doesn't work, it needs a new version (Intel Ready?!). Well, when I run the shortcut on my desktop for it, it runs (in a small window and can't be resized) Anybody know why the heck this is? I mean, if it doesn't work on Intel, how come I can launch it, but if I can launch it, why can't I use it as a screensaver?

6. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

They sent me an email saying that if your purchased it (which i did for my pb last year) they would email us telling us when the UB would be availiable, so past customers can download it. I think it'll be coming soon.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Shapeshifter is not cool....IMO

It gave my Mac a kernal panic right away,

I uninstalled it immediately and never looked back.

hope it works better for you guys.

8. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Just installed Shapeshifter on my PB and everything is working fine. But iTunes didn't get a new theme. Don't know why.

Bild 1.jpg

looks a bit odd.

9. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

That is because iTunes was updated to version 7 and a lot of elements from the gui changed dramatically. Unsanity had to make shapeshifter ignore iTunes if the theme was designed for version 6. You will just have to wait for updated themes or newer themes that are specifically made with version 7 in mind.

10. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

i see. that makes sense, doesn't it.