Share speakers between PowerMac and Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RamenBooko, Jun 24, 2006.

1. RamenBooko macrumors member

Jul 22, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hello, I want to share my nice speakers between my Xbox 360 and PowerMac G5.

This is what I have:

So I want to be able to use the speakers for the Mac when on it, then the Xbox 360 when I play it. Any ideas?
  2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
  3. cleanup macrumors 68030

Jun 26, 2005
    Seems like a hefty price to save yourself from unplugging and plugging in a cable.

You could just get a couple of those stereo mini jack extenders, plug them into your xbox and PowerMac and have the female ends on your desk somewhere, or somewhere easily accessible, so that it's quick and easy to unplug the jack from one and plug it into the other. It takes about a second and a half and saves you eighty-five dollars. Minus a few bucks for the extenders.
  4. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    get a y-jack from radio shack. you lose a bit quality, but it works well. if you are really anal you can get a small amp that is a y-jack but amps the signal. it is general sold by the walk-man and headphones. it is sold to split a mobile music device into two headphones and amp the signal to boost the sound. you could just get a regular stereo receiver and split the signal as well.