Share your iMovie!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by davidjearly, Mar 12, 2007.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

Sep 21, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ok, so this might not work. However I am in the middle of an iMovie project and I just thought it would be good to see what others have done with this great piece of software.

If you have good connection, a web site or are willing to put your creations on YouTube (or elsewhere), then please post links to them here.

I'd love to see some other examples. I'll upload mine when I'm done.

It doesn't have to a limited to a Movie, but can be an image slideshow or anything else. As long as it was created in iMovie, it's all good!

Lets see where this goes...(if anywhere)

2. Georgie macrumors member

Aug 25, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have a lot of fun with iMovie, I really like it. I shoot most of my video with my digital camera actually, a Canon S3 IS, which takes very nice video (for a primary camera). I do some editing in iMovie and upload family videos to my website. I'm actually thinking about upgrading to Final Cut Express though, specifically for a larger project on family history that I'm thinking about. Anyway, here's my website full of movies made in iMovie:

I probably spent the most time working on this one, Goat Roast 2006, a recent family reunion. You won't care much about the people in it, but you might find it interesting for crops and foley effects etc.

(I forgot to mention that the preview is lo-res, and any movies you download will be full 640x480x30fps resolution.)
  3. seniorstinky macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
  4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
  5. slinky0390 macrumors regular

Aug 22, 2005
    i normally use final cut express for my work, but i had to get this english project done in 2 days, and i used iMovie only because its a little quicker to just throw something together, especially at 1 in the morning on the due date.. i did need to do some composting in fce for one part.
  6. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2005
    I have made a couple of short films on iMovie

This one is a short comedy called Sheer Boredom.

This one is the first episode to a mini-series.

They are both around 5 minutes long.
  7. linxaudio macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2009
    Oxford, UK
    Raising the dead!

I was wondering if there is a site specifically for showcasing movies that have been created using iMovie (regardless of which version people have/use).

I saw this thread after doing a google search, and I thought this would probably be the best place to look. I didn't realise that the thread would be 3 years old though.

In any case, I thought i'd share a short movie I made with a friend using iMovie which we've uploaded to youtube. We're in the process of working on some different ideas, but we're both new to this whole movie making thing, but thought we'd have a go anyway.

Here's the link:

I hope other users may share some work they've done with iMovie, and maybe a video made with the latest version in iLife 11.