Shared App Issue on Dual Setup in Lion - Please assist.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by boldac, Mar 3, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Thanks in advance. I setup Lion on a separate partition. I love it. I linked my new home directory to my Snow Leopard one; however, several Apple applications won't run. iPhoto, aperture, iMovie, Numbers, etc. All of them give the same error about wrong OS X version and show that they are looking in Lion's Library for frameworks and such instead of accessing the libraries from Snow Leopard.

I originally used the directions for setting up the separate Lion partition and linking the home directories from here:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/11755/install-os-x-lion-to-separate-partition/

I must be doing something wrong, because I am sure many of you installed using a similar technique, but you guys are all successful in running those applications.

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Same problem - easy fix: Reinstall the iLife and iWork suite in Lion and delete the .app files. All is well :D

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

:confused:

Really? That seems to be an awful clunky way of doing things. Can anybody else confirm that's the only way to get Apple apps running?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie