Shared computers on Finder unknown

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by kjmorris2023, Jan 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I am at a loss to explain why I have two new shared computers or servers on my shared network at home. I have an Imac as well as a two laptops and my son's Windows computer. The two showing up are none of these. My network is passwork protected. I have a Airport Extreme with WPA2 personal. I also have a guest network setup albeit with an easier password. I also have file sharing, itunes sharing, and even screen sharing between my computers. If I try to connect to the one named brne16a51 it says unable to connect. The other one (kenneth-wsl8gcw) asks for a registered user (providing name and password) or connecting as a guest.

Please help.

Ken Morris

2. macrumors newbie

Do you have a printer with a network interface, or any other network devices, wired or wireless???

3. macrumors G4

Could these be mobile phones?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes one could be my iphone. It has my name kenneth in the name. My wife's says her phone is off wireless now, but brne16a51 I guess it could be her work phone possibly.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I also have a brother's printer MFC 9440CN laser which is off the router. brne16a51 could be that printer too eh?

6. macrumors 6502a

Most likely that brne is the printer. I have a brothers printer too, but I changed the name in the web interface.