Sharing a Printer of a Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tclare, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Tclare macrumors regular

Hey!

I have recently purchased an Epson Stylus DX6050. I have connected it to my desktop PC, and want to also connect it to my Macbook over the network. I have already tried once unsuccessfully to connect the printer to my macbook over the network. When i tried to print something it just came out as lots of random letter and numbers, which is not what i wanted.

So can somebody please help me!

Thanks Loads

Tclare

2. dannyss macrumors member

You might be experiencing the same problem has I when I first printed to a printer connected to a PC from the Mac.
    Before giving the command to print, within your Mac application, go to: File>Page set-up. You will then chose to format your document for that specific printer.

3. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've had this issue with PDFs sometimes. The solution is to print it as an image. Unfortunately, I don't know where the option is, or if it even exists on the Mac OS X print dialog (this issue was on a Windows machine using Adobe Reader).

5. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

I think it is more a problem with the printer setup than anything.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

im not sure u can use that printer, coa im not sure osx has a driver for that, u might need to find a driver first

7. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Any updates? I have an HP5150 and am in the same situation. I just get letters and numbers. I tired installing the latest drivers from HP on the mac and there was no change.