Sharing address book contacts

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by arjena, Feb 9, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

According to Apple this should be incredibly easy but I can't get it to work.
    I set up an account called addresses on the server (called snowserver). It's a normal, non-administrative account.
    On one macbook I set an account in address book app to addresses@snowserver.local. I add a contact. Quit address book. Open it again and the contact is still there. Now I make the same account on a second macbook. The previously created contact is not there. I can add a contact which is still there as i re-open the app, but it appears as though both computers keep their own records.
    I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.
    Can somebody point me to a setupsnowleopardaddressbookserverfordummies?
    This addressbook server is the main reason for switching to SL server.

Thanks,

Arjen

2. macrumors newbie

Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server for Dummies - Can be found on Amazon

# ISBN-10: 0470450363
    # ISBN-13: 978-0470450369

3. macrumors member

mcprobie

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yes, I know about the book. Of course my remark was meant to be a joke... But I ordered the book just the same.
    Mysteriously though, after following the same steps again, the server works as it should. I kept the old setup in a backup and it appears to be exactly the same as my setup now...
    That Apple manual will help me explore things further. Wonder why I could not find that on the Apple site.

Anyway, thank you both for taking the time to answer me.

Arjen