Sharing Address Books

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ajp, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ajp macrumors member

Can anyone tell me how to share Entourage contacts?

I would like to share details through iSync and iCal onto the Mac Address book and my Ericsson T68 phone via bluetooth. All my contacts are on Entourage. Surely there must be a simple way???? (iMac running 10.2.6 by the way)

Thanks!

2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

export all contacts to "vCard" format, then import them into AddressBook. simple!

(However, there may have been some revision to AddressBook since I switched away from Entourage. There may be an "import Contacts" function in AddressBook, but I don't think so.)

Tha's the easiest way.

3. orangefoodie macrumors member

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you can just drag-and-drop the vCard file into the Address Book window. Presto! I love Macs for their amazing ability to drag-and-drop everything ;)

4. ajp thread starter macrumors member

That's what I have been trying! If you export as vCards you end up with a "contacts export.txt" file on desktop (or wherever). I can't make Address book recognise this to import. I thought I would be able to export directly to Address Book but can't make this work either. As for dragging vCards across, that was the first thing I tried. I had no luck. As I said; there must be an easy way!

Thanks anyway for trying to help out.

5. pduck macrumors newbie

I've been trying to import the address book from Earthlink Webmail. I exports as AddressBook.csv, but I cannot import this into Eudora (I've tried dragging it into the nicknames folder). Can anyone help with this? Thanks