Sharing Entire Hard Drives with Windows Networks???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by niggiebro, Jun 30, 2005.

1. niggiebro macrumors member

niggiebro

I miss the fact that you were able to share entire Hard Drives under OS 9 as a network share, but I can't seem to see that option in OS X. :(

Is it possible to share entire Hard Drives under OS X on a Windows base network??? :confused:

I searched for this on the forum, but noting really relating to my question.

Thx ALL! :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You can most certainly share your entire hard drive. It works pretty much like sharing your home directory. Does your account have Administrator privileges?

3. niggiebro thread starter macrumors member

niggiebro

Yes infact I am login as Administrator and I am the only account on my Mac. :)

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You may enable Personal File Sharing and Windows Sharing by clicking the Services tab in the Sharing preferences pane. From another computer on the same network, you should see network volumes which correspond to your hard drive and to your personal account.

5. niggiebro thread starter macrumors member

niggiebro

Ok I've check in the "System Preferences" under "Sharing" both Personal File Sharing and Windows Sharing are checked and under "Windows Sharing">Accounts, the only option I see is my personal account and that's checked.

I don't see any options to add or share any other items. I know that in OS 9 you have that option... to share other items, even volumes.

As far as seeing the shared items from other computers, only my personal account is available. I'd like to be able to share the two Drives on my Mac with my Windows systems... any suggestions???
    :confused:

Thanks