Sharing Files Over A Network

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Mr. Anderson, May 13, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I'm still playing around with OSX and I need to transfer files between my two compturs on the same network. One in OS9.2.2 the other OSX.1.4. I had no problem when both system ran OS9, but I can't for the life of me find the network/server connection in OSX. What do I need to do?

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

If both have sharing on (OSX Network & Sharing CP) and both have similar IP addresses try going to the finder of the OSX machine and command - k then type in the IP address of your OS9 computer.

If this doesn't work start Appletalk in the OSX System Pref CP Sharing and then command - k again in the finder and click on AppleTalk, the machine should be listed here.

Ensign

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

i never figured out how to connect to my OS 9 machine from my OS X machine, but you can still easily connect it from OS 9.

On your OS X machine, go to system preferences -> sharing -> turn on file sharing

go to the apple menu in OS 9 -> chooser -> make sure your OS X machine is on, and click on AppleTalk -> your OS X machine should come up, and you can connect!

there. I made a folder on my OS X machine called "Moveover" so its easy to move over files... I just drag everything i need to that folder.

Hope this helps!

irmongoose