sharing Ibook internet to PS2

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by xwk88, Aug 17, 2005.

1. xwk88 macrumors regular

is this possible, I tried to do it but think I messed up the settings, i set all manually on all computers do I have to set it manually with a different ip or is there another way to do it I'd guess this is the same as any other connection (mac-mac or mac-PC) my guess is the PS2 will work also thank you for any help.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If your iBook is connected to the internet via airport, you can share this connection to the ethernet port of the iBook.

EDIT:

This is done in: Sys Prefs--> Sharing--> Internet

3. Xapplimatic macrumors 6502

Xapplimatic

YES, of course it is. If your connection is via Airport or Airport Extreme, you can share the connection out on Ethernet no problem to the PS2.. just set the iBook to share its Airport connection out to Ethernet with-in the Sharing pane of System Prefs. Your PS2 will need to be set to take an address automatically by DHCP if that isn't the default setting already (I'm sure it is). The iBook will automatically give the PS2 its own IP address, but the iBook will serve to act as somewhat of a firewall for the PS2, so be sure to make sure the correct settings in the FireWall tab of Sharing (you may not want to filter or block anything at all, depending on what ports the PS2 expects to use and which protocals).