Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowdeni

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Hi all

Very quick one, I have an imac G5 and an xbox 360. I want to go on live.

If I bought the wireless accessory for the 360, would I simply be able to share my internet through my imac by going to preferences & then sharing, or would this not work? (I only have the airport express card my imac came with)

Ethernet isn't an option unfortunatly, unless someone can point me to usb adapter that is compatible with mac.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Have you tried the 'Create Network' option from the Airport menu bar and then seeing if the 360 can connect to that network?

I know what you are wanting works between 2 Macs but I'm not sure about the 360. :(

bowdeni

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
treblah said:
Have you tried the 'Create Network' option from the Airport menu bar and then seeing if the 360 can connect to that network?

I know what you are wanting works between 2 Macs but I'm not sure about the 360. :(

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried cause of the simple reason that I do not want to purchase the wireless hub for the 360 only to find out that it doesn't work.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
bowdeni said:
Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried cause of the simple reason that I do not want to purchase the wireless hub for the 360 only to find out that it doesn't work.

You can always return it. I went back and forth 3 times returning USB WiFi adapters trying to get my old TiVo to work. :)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Using the Internet Sharing will work. I don't know though about the compatibility with the Xbox adapter thing. But I use my Nintendo DS with my internet shared to it. But note that you must have a wired internet to share through your wireless card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.